Self funded Visa
You must receive monthly income in Vanuatu of at least VUV 250,000 or VUV 500,000, if includes your spouse. Children or parents may not be included in the application.
The visa is valid for one year, renewable if the requirements are still met. You will be also required to pay an annual fee of VUV 20,000.
After 10 years holding a residence visa you may be eligible for citizenship by naturalization.
- Police clearance (original) for each person applying for a residence permit over the age of 18.
- Letter from local bank verifying deposit in trust covering the total amount of one -way return ticket s for those persons applying for residence permits.
- Statutory declaration for each person applying for a residence permit over the age of 18 listing all criminal offenses they have been convicted of during past 10 years.
- Proof of income via bank statements, contracts or any other reliable mean.
No nationality is officially restricted
Dual citizenship is recognized in Vanuatu. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Vanuatu.
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Three passport-size photos
- Bank Statement
- Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Proof of income
- Original and photocopy of passport
- dual citizenship Yes
- Family members included Yes
- land ownership No
- Physical residence required No
- Personal visit required No
- Language skills required No
- Interview required No
- Investment Single -
- Investment Family 4 -
- Minimum annual income $30,000
- Time to citizenship 120
- Time to permanent residency
- Visa-free countries 113
- Financing available No
temporary residency benefits
FeesPlease sign in to view
|government fees main applicant||$20,000|
|due diligence fees main applicant||$20,000|
|processing fees main applicant||57,600 vatu|
|total fees main applicant||$70,160|
|government fees spouse||$10,000|
|due diligence fees spouse||$10,000|
|processing fees spouse||$10,000|
|total fees spouse||$30,160|
|due diligence fees dependents -18||-|
|processing fees dependents -18||2,400 vatu|
|total fees dependent -18||$160|
|government fees dependents 18-25||$10,000|
|processing fees dependents 18-25||$5,000|
|total fees dependent 18-25||$25,160|
|government fees dependents +65||$15,000|
|due diligence fees dependents +65||$10,000|
|processing fees dependents +65||$5,000|
|total fees dependent +65||$30,160|
Visa Free Travel
Income of Vanuatu residents is free of any kind of local taxes, whether the income is remitted or not. Vanuatu is a low tax and offshore jurisdiction free from personal income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and wealth tax.
Lands in Vanuatu are not freehold. Properties can be leased for up to 50 years for residential lots and 75 for commercial ones. Land lease is subject to a 2% registration fee and 5% stamp duty on the unimproved capital value.
Value-added tax in Vanuatu is 12.5%.
Regarding corporate taxation, companies incorporated in Vanuatu are free from income taxes, dividend distribution taxes, capital gains taxes and withholding taxes.
Companies incorporated under the Companies act are entitled to do business within the country. Those incorporated under the International Companies Act may have restrictions to do business with residents but may benefit from confidentiality, no filling requirements and may be guaranteed from a fully tax exemption for 20 years. Learn more about corporate taxation, legal framework and tax treaties at incorporations.io/vanuatu.
This should not be construed as tax advice. Flag Theory | Passports.IO has access to a global network of qualified attorneys and accountants who can give you the proper advice for your particular circumstances. Contact us for further information.
- Property tax Yes
- Transfer tax Yes
- Inheritance tax No
- Net worth tax No
- CFC law No
- Tax residency days 183
- Personal income tax rate 0%
- Capital Gains tax rate 0%
- Investment income tax rate 0%
- Territorial taxation Yes
ProceduresPlease sign in to view
Flag Theory | Passports.IO and our attorneys in Vanuatu, will guide you through each step of the process to ensure that it is as fast, efficient, pain free as possible.
If required, we may introduce you to Vanuatu’s banks to open a bank account and transfer the monthly income required.
We will prepare all the documentation required to apply for a Self-funded visa. We will send you the application forms, and provide assistance to complete the questionnaires.
The application should be processed in a maximum period of 2 months. After your application is approved, a residence visa will be stamped in your passport.
For further information on Vanuatu’s Self-funded Visa, contact us for a free private consultation.