⚠️ We are still working on getting all the data and offers available here. The current information is not yet complete, and might be not up to date.
passports.io website
residencies.io website
Bank Accounts website
Flag Theory website


Resident worker visa

If you want to work for your business in Peru, you may apply for a Resident worker visa.

You may set up your own company in Peru and apply for a work permit. The company must be active, but without the need to be productive. You can secure a work visa based on this company and pay yourself a local salary (and taxes) equivalent to at least US$12,000 per year.

The new Immigration Law (Legislative Decree N° 1350), in force since March 2017, allows independent contractors to be eligible for this visa, provided that they have a good professional background and academic certificates, and have been hired by a Peruvian company.

Once you receive the visa, your dependents may apply for a family visa.

The worker visa is valid for one year, renewable, as long as you are still hired by your company, and you have stayed in Peru for at least 183 days during the year.

After two years of legally residing in Peru, you may be eligible for citizenship, provided that you prove ties to the country, such as rental or purchase of residential property, you have been residing there during the whole period and you have knowledge of the Spanish language and the culture and values of the country.

Instead of citizenship, you may apply for permanent residency after three years of legally residing in Peru. The permanent residency permit will allow you to live and work indefinitely in Peru.


- Legalized copy of your work contract approved by administration authorities. It must be submitted within no more than 15 days after it has been approved.
- Hiring company's legal representative´s valid certification documentation issued by the Registry office. If the contract is signed in Peru then you must be in a regular immigration status or have a special permit that allows you to sign the contract there. If the contract is signed outside of Peru, then it must be legalized at the Peruvian consulate and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Office, or apostilled.

Restricted Nationalities

No nationality is officially restricted

dual citizenship

Dual citizenship is recognized in Peru. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Peru.

Documents Required

  • Professional and academic certificates
  • Certificate of the registrar of companies
  • Documents certifying position and salary
  • Employment contract
  • Original and photocopy of passport
  • Job and Salary verification letter
  • Two passport-size photos
  • dual citizenship Yes
  • Family members included Yes
  • land ownership Yes
  • Physical residence required Yes
  • Personal visit required Yes
  • Language skills required No
  • Interview required No
  • Investment Single -
  • Investment Family 4 -
  • Minimum annual income $12,000
  • Time to citizenship 24
  • Time to permanent residency 36
  • Visa-free countries 142
  • Financing available No

Country details

South America
Spanish (Peru), ,
The Republic of Peru is a sovereign country of western South America and a member of the MERCOSUR. It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the west, Ecuador and Colombia to the north, Brazil to the east, and Bolivia and Chile to the southeast. Its territory is made up of diverse landscapes: valleys, plateaus and high summits of the Andes unfold to the west towards the largely-desert Pacific coast and to the east towards the Amazon. It is one of the countries with the greatest biological diversity and largest mineral reserves worldwide.

It is populated by 31 million people, with Lima, its capital, being the most populated city. In Peru more than 60 languages and dialects are spoken, although at the political level, Spanish is the official language and, in the predominant areas, Quechua, Aymara and other Aboriginal languages are also widely spoken. Its official currency is the Peruvian Sol (PEN).

Visa Free Travel

With your new passport from Peru you'll be able to access 142 countries visa free


An individual is deemed to be tax resident in Peru if he or she remains more than 183 days in a calendar year in the country.

Tax residents are subject to personal income tax on their worldwide income, while non-residents pay taxes on their income sourced in Peru.

Personal income accrued by residents is subject to progressive tax rates ranging from 0% to 30% on income exceeding 45 tax units (currently a tax unit is equivalent to PEN 3,850). Non-residents are taxed at a flat 30% rate on their Peruvian-source income.

Capital gains, as well as rental income and interest income, is taxed separately at a 5% rate. In the case of non-residents, gains derived from transfers of shares that take place outside the country are taxed at a 30% rate.

Dividends are subject to a final withholding tax, at an 8% rate for years 2017 and 2018, and 9.3% from 2019.

Passive income accrued by controlled foreign companies (CFC) may be attributable, provided that the resident holds at least 50% of ownership, voting rights, or gains and such companies are resident in tax havens or jurisdictions with nil or reduced tax rates.

Real property tax is levied at progressive rates from 0.2% to 1%, and tax is deductible for income tax purposes. Transfer of buildings is subject to a 3% tax, the first 10 tax units being tax-exempt.
There is no tax on net wealth and inheritances.

Regarding corporate taxation, resident entities pay 29.5% tax on their worldwide net income. Capital gains and dividends received from foreign entities are included in taxable income, but a tax credit for foreign tax paid is usually available.

To learn more about Peruvian corporate taxation, legal framework and tax treaties, check out incorporations.io/peru.

This should not be construed as tax advice. We have access to a global network of qualified attorneys and accountants who can give you the proper advice for your particular circumstances. Contact us for further information.

  • Property tax Yes
  • Transfer tax Yes
  • Inheritance tax No
  • Net worth tax No
  • CFC law Yes
  • Tax residency days 183
  • Personal income tax rate 30%
  • Capital Gains tax rate 5%
  • Investment income tax rate 8%
  • Territorial taxation No

Consultation with

Flag Theory is an internationalization and offshore solutions provider, and the creator of residencies.io

In order to better serve you, we ask that you please fill out the following form as accurately as you can and provide as many details as possible. Thank you.
Residency by Employment (Work Permits)
Residency by Entrepreneurship (Starting or Relocating your Business)
Residency by Investment in Real Estate or Securities
Residency by having sufficient means (Passive Income)

Your privacy is important for us and we will keep your information secure. View our privacy policy


Flag Theory is an internationalization and offshore solutions provider, and the creator of residencies.io. We offer expert consultation advice and assistance.

Your privacy is important for us and we will keep your information secure. View our privacy policy

View past newsletters